Saturday, July 21, 2012

What Dreams May Come...

A movie review...

I have always dreamed of what can possibly be the ultimate after death paradise. For a very long time I kept thinking to myself if all of this is just a dream then what is true reality? I could only imagine with the after life had to give us. The logical place of science and math. The after world that could possibly be out there is beyond anything that could ever be comprehensible. This movie is very much what I needed. This movie is fantastic!


From a technical stand point, this movie is very well done for its age. Gorgeous colors in heaven and dark destroying colors in hell. Cinematics are gorgeous. It's like every shot was taken by a painter.
They love to play with the environment in order to help portray the message. The words are very poetic. The environments are given more than colors. The layout is artistically laid out well.There are times however that the green screen effects are not very well done. More so in places like hell. It's just not as smooth and the lighting feels off in those scenes. The mesh between the actor and the back round don't become one of the same. 

Morally this movie brings upon heaven and hell with out pressing the whole case of religion. This is a very strong motivational picture. The words are portrayed so well. There are no dull conversations. It is very well written. It talks about love and never giving up not about God.

I was tear jerked by the ending. I highly recommend this movie for any one. The alternate ending is best to be an alternate ending. I am glad. They are both technically the same ending. Just played differently. Personally I like the original ending. The ending that is in the movie plays back on the begining while the old one is very bland. They end up on opposite ends of the planet and just isn't as touching as the original.

All in all great movie! I actually cried! But just in case you are curious.. here are some things that I actually didn't like about the movie.

1) The editing in hell is bad. Really Bad.
2) I understand the personal heaven and personal hell thing. But here is my problem. All of heaven and hell is contrived of the couples own personal heaven and hell. Why is heaven and hell only there view of it? it kind of feels like everyone is hell has to suffer through this womens hell. It makes no sense to make all of hell to be like her own hell. Just a thought.
 3) So it takes a blink of an eye to get back from hell but you had to get on a boat to get to hell? Seems legit...


But yeah this is just a brief of my thoughts.. I probably should have done a video but that's ok.. 

till next time ..
Peace!

Edit: I would also like to add that I was not a big fan of Robin Williams being the main character in this movie. I don't think he had it quite down when he is portraying the character in hell.. not until the very end at least. But other than that he had it down rather well.

Also why did Christy (Williams)  freeze up at the end before returning to heaven. I don't get why that happened and what exactly happened. He is talking then suddenly can't move then suddenly he wakes up in heaven again. What the fuck?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment