Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Cried...

.. Out Loud.

I got the blessed oppurtunity to watch a video on a very special girl named Carly. She has severe Autism. I watched many videos on her and wish to read her book, Carly's Voice. Upon watching her video, I persistently started to cry and cry out loud with no control. My eyes were burning from the tears. Her story has changed me so much in the time that I had watching the videos. I will definitely be reading her book ASAP!

Though I do have to admit that before I was not in a very good mood. I had also just watched a video on a boy whom had Autism and was on this talk show. Just Youtube Search: 'Kathie Lee Gifford Makes Autistic Kid Cry on TV'. It angered me. Made me furious! But Carly.. Oh Carly. 

She literally became my new super hero. She is my idol now. I have no words to describe my feelings right now. I can not describe them right now. Nothing can ever describe the feelings right now. 


I have sense then taken a good look at myself and seen what is up with myself. I remember a person asked me what my stims were. I couldn't really think of anything at the time. Though I can now think of a couple:


1) Crinkling corners of pages in books
2) Talking to Ones Self
3) Hands Clasped When Thinking (Sherlock Holmes Syndrome as I put it)
4) Pacing
5) Used to Chew on Things
6) Does Rambling Count?
7) Oh yeah when I talk about something of great interest sometimes I speak in an accent. XD


Short list but you get the idea.


I have also gotten the chance to watch Jacob Barnett, a savant. Just google search the kid... yeah kid... he is in college at the at of 12! He has Aspergers. 


So I will close this up for today. I am glad I did what I have done these past few hours. :)


Till next time,
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment