Sunday, April 1, 2012

No One Can Hear Me...

... When I Scream.

Words are very important for us human beings. It gives us the ability to portray thoughts and feeling with symbols that combine to make what is called a word. With these words we create sentences which makes a series of thoughts for an idea. This is a form of language. Language is more than just words that we spit out of our mouths but can be the body cues we send as we speak certain words or the volume at which we speak and its tone. These things can be hard for us to understand in the eyes of an Aspey. Though they very with each person the level of understanding as well as what part of language he/she does not understand. This can cause major problems with not only understanding others but they themselves trying to convey something.

For me personally, it is normally the term that us being used and basic understandings of certain phrases. There are words I have heard many times over and over again and for some reason when given the definition I can never understand fully the definition and how to use it. Not so much Nouns and Pronouns and Adjectives etc. Its more like knowing when to use Dork and Stupid. Even as I type this I wonder if my choice of words work for the given situation and are understandable as stand alone sentences. As far as I know I am creating sentences that work and make sense. But alas I normally don't pull it off all to well. I also tend to get past and present tenses mixed up. Not that I don't understand tenses, it's just that I tend to switch tenses in my thoughts and my in my head. It is royally annoying!

I also get tongue tied quite often. I have to slow down often to get words to come out of my mouth. But for some reason I can go on tangents with friends for very long periods of time and not have any issue with my speaking ability. O.o I really don't get it either. It doesn't even have to be on a subject I like. I usually come up with a lot of bull crap to talk about with out even taking a breathe. But when I try to get a point across in a normal conversation my brain can't communicate with the tongue and it doesn't know what to do but randomly slur and babble. "I love my English" or "Speaking English would be a good idea right about now" are usually my phrases to follow and people take it with a simple nod and a giggle.

Though there are times where I wish I could take a horn to get peoples attention. Every time I speak no one listens. I am unsure why this happens. But it happens quite often. I will say something and another person will say the same thing and they will get credit when I just said it 5 seconds prior. I have been ignored before because I will say something and people don't realize I even spoke or some one will say it in a different fashion to where I speak up and say, "I just said that." The person would reply that no I said something different. O.o ok then......After a brief conversation trying to figure it out we come to the conclusion that the words I said were not the proper words to quite say what I wanted. Though they would be relatively close to the same meaning. Which is another thing. I have had moments where I would here a couple of words or phrase and believe them to be "same thing right?" kind of scenarios. Well they explain that they are quite different. But I see it very obviously, like I should have known that .. like it was a forgotten piece of information that I already knew.

Wow this makes no sense at all.. I hope this does make some sort of clarity to who so ever reads this. 'Tis it is late and must conclude. I plan to add updates to certain posts if need be.

So Until Next Time,
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment