Monday, November 19, 2012

This House is Mine...

Lets Work as a Team to Get it Done....

I had told myself a long time ago that I wouldn't post anything here on a very personal level. The subjects discussed were to be very basic and simple. However, do to certain circumstances I must voice my thoughts on certain events that have occurred in our house hold. This is just a rant and may get deleted at a later time.

If there is anything that I have learned over the past month it is simply that my belief of how things should be done are far more different then his viewpoints. The way we perceive information is very different. Allow me a chance to share the plan that I had made in a household.

If you are having a hard time with organizing chores among people here are some things to understand.
This system can be used for roommates and adults... or so I thought.

1) Chores/work is a team effort in the end 

2) There are two types of Chores (inside the house) Universal Chores and Self Chores. Self Chores are chores that are to be done because you made a mess (examples: your own room.. your dishes... tracking dirt or mudd in.. taking care of your own pet (unless a shared pet then

 it belongs in the Universal Chore List) etc) Universal are Chores that everyone is responsible of due to shared space.. Not one Chore is more important than the other. (Vacuuming, Dusting etc)

       2a) Universal Chores are to be shared.... In every way..

       2b) Self Chores are not to be done by some one else.. unless the other party wants to help out in any       way. They should not be forced..

3) An agreed system if any kind can be created so long as the parties are fair and equal among work.

4) and lastly.. Chores can be traited if agreed.. any rule can be broken as long as both/all parties agree to it... 


This system was created after my father created a list of things to do around the house. I have no issue with work. There isn't much being asked and maybe I should just suck it up and just do it what ever. I am so sorry that this does not seem to be the point. This is the main point of the whole thing. 

My father has asked me to do certain chores at certain times. For example, my dad has asked me to sweep twice a week. I normally only get around to it once a week. This does not seem like such a big deal. I normally get around to it once a week like most other chores (though vacuuming seems to be done 3 days a week). I pay rent (150 a month), pick up after myself and have done the chores that he has asked (though they don't get done the amount of times that he has asked it does indeed get done every week). 

However, despite this my father believes that sense I have not done this to a matter that is humane... has taken my computer. The only thing I am able to use is my phone and laptop. I am 24 years old. This is ridiculous. He can not take my computer but he has.


I do not understand if this is how parents are all the time. Is this normal behavior for adults and the such? I thought I was an adult and that as long as everything is in order than everything would be ok.



This does not teach me anything... It shuts me down as an adult. It teaches me I own nothing to my name. I am paying for nothing (sense it makes no different if I pay rent or not) and that I have no self worth. I feel pathetic, shot down and the such. I am moving out soon. I must find a place in the world. Even if it means if I am on my own. 

Alone. 


Help support the blog! -------> 

No comments:

Post a Comment